MAST is co-hosting the 2018 NSTA Regional Conference Science Education: A National Priority at National Harbor, MD (just south of DC), November 15-17, 2018. Don't miss it!
Free Webinars from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt HMH is excited to announce our free Fall Science Webinar Series is beginning on Tuesday evenings in November! Our Fall Series continues the conversation around practical application of best practices in science education and we have added a live Twitter chat for each session in which you can interact with additional questions and conversation both during and following each session. Each hour-long session will begin at 7pm Eastern time, but if you cannot attend live, you can still register and receive the recording of the webinar which you can watch at your leisure.
- Tuesday, November 6th: Inquiry is Alive and Well in the NGSS with Dr. Cary Sneider
- Tuesday, November 13th: Re-thinking Curriculum for 21st Century Science Standards with Michael DiSpezio
- Tuesday, November 20th: Integrating Literacy into the Science Classroom with Marjorie Frank
- Tuesday, November 27th: Literacy across the Disciplines and 4-Dimensional, FUNomena-Based Science Teaching with Dr. Thomas O’Brien
- Tuesday, December 4th: What does Integrating Science in the NGSS Look Like? with Jeffrey Rylander
- Tuesday, December 11th: All Standards, All Students – A Case Study: Social Emotional Learning (SEL) and NGSS with Bernadine Okoro
For more information and to register for any or all of the webinars, visit: http://learn.hmhco.com/HSSCI-Fall-2018.
Miami University-Project Dragonfly
OXFORD, Ohio (Sept. 1, 2018) – Miami University’s Project Dragonfly is accepting applications for 2019 Earth Expeditions graduate courses that offer extraordinary experiences in 16 countries throughout the world. http://EarthExpeditions.MiamiOH.edu
Earth Expeditions can build toward the Global Field Program (GFP), a master's degree that combines summer field courses worldwide with web learning communities so that students can complete the GFP master's part-time from anywhere in the United States or abroad. http://GFP.MiamiOH.edu
Project Dragonfly also offers the Advanced Inquiry Program (AIP) master's degree that combines web instruction from Miami University with experiential learning and field study through several AIP Master Institutions in the U.S. Applications for Miami's 2019 cohorts are being accepted now with place-based experiences provided at zoos in Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, New York, San Diego, Seattle , and our newest affiliate learning institution, St. Louis. http://AIP.MiamiOH.edu
Graduate tuition for all programs is greatly reduced because of support from Miami University.